Monday, October 3, 2011

Groothuis Interview on Christian Apologetics

Christianity Today interviewed me this month about Christian Apologetics.

Here is the first question and my answer:

What distinguishes this book from other apologetics books?

While there are many good apologetics books out there, it seemed that they were all missing something. For example, a book might be extremely good but not deal sufficiently with the problem of evil, or with Darwinism and intelligent design. And in general, a lot of apologetics books fail to sufficiently address other religions, particularly Hinduism, Buddhism, and Islam, whose beliefs pose very significant challenges to Christianity today. So I'm not claiming that I necessarily do a better job than some of the great apologists out there, such as J. P. Moreland and William Lane Craig. But I tried to put everything germane to the apologetics agenda in one book.

No comments:

Post a Comment